Friday, April 18, 2014

After Results - Honda CT70 Mini Trail Replica

After - Honda CT70 Mini Trail Replica

Before picture - Honda Mini Trail Replica
66 Auto Color Store made my DIY CT70 Mini Trail replica project look like a professional job!  I've never painted anything beyond a bird house, or an occasional trailer rim.  66 Auto helped with my paint selection, primer and clear coat.  The instructions that accompany the order are easy to understand, and ensure a successful project.

My next project is going to be fixing rust spots on my '73 VW bus.  I have no doubt that 66 Auto Color will make that project a breeze as well.

Tips:  My tips would be to use a good degreaser/wax remover, and to sand and prime until you have a nice smooth surface.  I used a tack cloth and an air can to remove dust.  I stored my paint indoors to keep at a constant temperature.  I used a hair dryer to heat the surface before painting.  It was a cool day, but the paint went on beautifully...no runs or streaks.

C.Kelly - Pensacola, Florida

Products used and quantity:

1 aerosol Spray Max 1K Base coat - Honda Motorcycle Red - R4C Candy Ruby Red (Tri-coat)
1 aerosols Spray Max Glamour Clear Coat (SPM-3680061)
1 aerosol Spray Max Etch Primer (SPM-3680003)

C.Kelly - Pensacola, Florida

No comments: