Thursday, February 27, 2014

Bryan -Wymore, NE, Kawasaki KZ400 Motorcycle paint project.
Although I am a handyman, I have never attempted to paint an entire bike.  I now know I will do it over and over again!  I've shown my friends the pictures of the bike and posted it in social media.  Several have asked where I got the paint.  I am already sending customers your way.  Thanks for your product.  This bike was a fade brown.  Now a beautiful Mango Tango Pearl.
I saw a newer Dodge Avenger and loved the color, thinking it would be a great for a motorcycle.  I looked on line for the paint color and was directed toward 66 Auto Color.  I bought two cans of base coat and one can of Spray Max clear.  That was more than enough to complete the bike.  I had a nib after the second base coat and tried to remove it before the coat was dry.  Big mistake.  I learned to let it dry, carefully remove and lightly sand, then apply another coat. I  have seen other people apply clear coat with a traditional spray gun.  When I tested the Spray Max clear I noticed it came out of the can just like a spray gun.  That made application very easy for a beginner.

Quantity  and Products used:  2 aerosols   Spray Max Mango Tango
                                             1 aerosol     Spray Max 2K Glamour Clear Coat
                                             1 hand grip  Spray Max Aerosol Hand Grip

                                             

No comments: